Photo by dierken
Note: Some readers disagree with both the mathematics of this post, as well as its conclusion that “many try, but few succeed.” Please keep that in mind as you read.
Our best estimates put the number of developers in the world at around 5 million.
If you appply the 80/20 rule you can estimate:
- Of those, 20% (1 million) want to launch a startup
- Of those, 20% (200,000) have enough motivation to start educating themselves about the process
- Of those, 20% (40,000) will actually start building something
- Of those, 20% (8,000) will actually finish building something
- Of those, 20% (1,600) have prepared themselves enough to achieve some measure of success
To make it into the last group you have to make it through the four above it. What have you done today to move yourself closer to the last group?