Christmas is coming and you have no idea what to get the startup founder in your life? Even if that founder is you? Well, look no further.
The following is a list of startup-related stuff that I own, or have a desire to own, this holiday season. And yep, it’s mostly books. Is that surprising, or just sad?
Instructions for Use
- “Accidentally” leave this URL open on your significant other’s computer with a sticky note that says: I heart everything on this page.
- Tweet it or Facebook it to let your social graph know what you’re looking for. Amazon didn’t recently add the ability to gift Kindle books for nothing.
- Buy something for yourself.
Note: Some of the links below are affiliate links. All of these products are things that I have experience with or a genuine desire to own. I am recommending them because they will either improve your ability to grow your company, or they’re just plain fun to have around, not because of the commissions.
Startup Marketing Books
- Eric Sink on the Business of Software
- UnMarketing (Kindle version)
- Fascinate (Kindle version)
- The Marketing Gurus: Lessons from the Best Marketing Books of All Time
- Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day
- Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords
Design and Usability Books
- Web Design for ROI
- Non-Designer’s Design Book (Kindle version)
- Don’t Make Me Think! (Kindle version)
- Designing Web Usability
- The Elements of Style
- Yes! 50 Secrets from the Science of Persuasion (Kindle version)
- Web Copy that Sells (Kindle version)
- Call to Action
Books about Building Your Product
Entrepreneurial Mindset Books
- The E-Myth Revisited (Kindle version)
- The Millionaire Next Door
- The 4-Hour Workweek (Kindle version)
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 (Kindle version)
- Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
- Stumbling on Happiness (Kindle version)
Books for Inspiration
- Founders at Work
- iWoz (Kindle version)
- Accidental Empires
- The Google Way (Kindle version)
- Dreaming in Code (Kindle version)
- Hackers and Painters (Kindle version)
- xkcd: volume 0